Apache OpenMeetings - Features and overview
Openmeetings provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
OpenMeetings is a project of the Apache, the old project website at GoogleCode will receive no updates anymore. The website at Apache is the only place that receives updates.
Version 4.0.8 released!
- Mobile clients are displayed in user list
- Audio/Video switching is more stable
- VK based OAuth login is fixed
- Integrate Wso2 Identity Server
- Less actions for non-moderators
- No duplicated actions are displayed
- Video on WB works in latest Safari
- White Out tool is added
- Whiteboard size can be tuned
- Link to LaTeX guide is added
- Issue with user's display name is fixed
- "Ghost" users are not displayed in the room
Other fixes and improvements
30 issues are fixed please check
CHANGELOG and Detailed list See Downloads page. (2019-03-08)
Other Apache Events
Audio and Video Conferencing
Meeting recording and Screen sharing
- Recorded sessions contain everything including sound recorded from all audio streams in exactly the way you've seen it in the conference.
- Recorded sessions can be downloaded as AVI/FLV files.
- Possibility to select a screen area for sharing.
- Different quality steps for Screensharing.
- Watch and organize recordings in an integrated Drag and Drop File-Explorer
Private and Public Drive in File-Explorer. The File-Explorer has two different views, one is the Private Drive and the other the Public Drive. The Private Drive always contains the same files. Those files are visible only to the user currently loggedin. The Public Drive is not bound to the user, but to the conference room instead. All users in the conference room have access to the Public Drive.
- Allow/Deny moderation
- Allow/Deny right to draw on white board
- Add/Remove presenter role
- Allow/Deny screen-sharing/record screen
- Allow/Deny Remote Control Screen
- Allow/Deny right for exclusive audio
- Give exclusive audio to others or self
- Allow/Deny Video
- Allow/Deny Audio
Multi-Whiteboard and Chat
Save white boards. You can save each whiteboard instance as a file. The file is located in the File-Explorer and can be drag n' drop'ed to the white board again and organized like any other document, image or folder.
White board with drawing, writing, Drag n' Drop, Resizing, Images (Drag n' Drop from File-Explorer), Symbol(s)/Cliparts .
Full-fit does rescale the document on the screen to be 100% visible on all screens no matter what kind of screen resolution different users have.
You can import from a wide range of document formats (PDF, DOC, ODT, PPT, et cetera...)
User and room management
MyRooms section. Each user has by default 2 personal rooms that are always accessible exclusively for that user. There are buttons to enter those rooms from the Dashboard.
You can assign conference room to all users, or you can assign them only to specific user-groups.
Private message center
User contacts, you can search users and add them to your contacts. You can even give them the right to see your calendar.
Plan meetings with integrated calendar
Polls and Votes
Apache OpenMeetings, OpenMeetings, Apache, the Apache feather, and the Apache OpenMeetings project logo
are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.