Before you start
- Make sure that you have set utf8 as default/server-character-set in your MySQL configuration (my.cnf) before you start the installation process of OpenMeetings!
- make sure MySQL is listening on TCP/IP connections!
To verify if MySQL connection is working: OpenMeetings will automatically create all tables in the database and all tables should have utf8 as encoding/collation!
- If you encounter issues, you can drop the db and then run the web based installer again
- You need to download the JConnector from mysql http://www.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/ and place it into: $red5/webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/lib/
- Run red5-service and goto the web-based installer: http://localhost:5080/openmeetings/install
MySQL Sample Configuration
There is a sample configuration for MySQL that ships with every release in: