Before you start
- You need Openmeetings 2.2 or later to use MSSQL integration
- Make sure that you have set utf8 as collation for the openmeetings database before you start the installation process of OpenMeetings!
- make sure MSSQL is listening on TCP/IP connections! and username/password authentication is enabled for it
To verify if MSSQL connection is working: OpenMeetings will automatically create all tables in the database and all tables should have utf8 as encoding/collation!
- If you encounter issues, you can drop the db and then run the web based installer again
- You need to download the JDBC driver from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=11774 Unarchive appropriate file from it (sqljdbc.jar or sqljdbc4.jar) and place it into: $red5/webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/lib/
- Run red5-service and goto the web-based installer: http://localhost:5080/openmeetings/install
MSSQL Sample Configuration
There is a sample configuration for MySQL that ships with every release in: