Before you start
- Make sure that you have set utf8 as default/server-character-set
- make sure PostgreSQL is listening on TCP/IP connections!
To verify if PostgreSQL connection is working: OpenMeetings will automatically create all tables in the database and all tables should have utf8 as encoding/collation!
- If you encounter issues, you can drop the db and then run the web based installer again
- IMPORTANT According to this thread you need to ensure:
standard_conforming_strings is set to on and
escape_string_warning is set to off
- Run red5-service and goto the web-based installer: http://localhost:5080/openmeetings/install
PostgreSQL Sample Configuration
There is a sample configuration for PostgreSQL that ships with every release in: